• English
  • Français

Saint Aignan pictures

circor1.jpg
Home page arrow Sordan
L'anse de Sordan Print E-mail

Image

 The label “Escales d'une rive a l'autre” is given to nautical sites which border navigable waterways and their head waters.  It means that it is a place from which you can cross from one bank to the other.

Situated on the edge of the forest of Quénécan, Sordan was a village in Saint Aignan inhabited by woodcutters and coalminers.  It was the crossing point of the canalised Blavet to the Côtes d'Armor,.  The construction of the barrage between 1922 and 1930 created lake Guerlédan along a length of 12 kilometers.  This reserve of potable water, the largest in Brittany with 52 million cubic meters of water, totally changed the area with the village of Sordan becoming a cul-de-sac.  And, if the specifications originally envisaged the continued navigation of the canal with the construction of a series of locks alongside the barrage, and even a ‘ladder’ for the fish, these ideas remain lost in the original objectives of the project!

Anse de Sordan is the only point on the south bank where it is possible to easily access Lake Guerlédan.  With its shallow waters and sheltered location Anse de Sordan is a place for rambling and relaxing and is appreciated by lovers of nature who can undertake various nautical activities and fishing.  The site was completely renovated during the winter of 2007-2008.

There is a restaurant/bar at the Anse de Sordan with wheelchair access, bed and breakfast facilities, a camp site and a play area.

 

 Guided visit in photographs:

 

 
© 2014 Commune de Saint-Aignan
Joomla! est un logiciel libre distribué sous licence GNU/GPL.